Joe Hart has been told by Pep Guardiola that he can leave Manchester City, after being dropped for the two opening games of the season according to the Daily Mirror. The goalkeeper has failed to adapt quickly to Pep’s style, leading the Catalan manager to sanction a departure.
Willy Caballero replaced the Englishman in goal for the Premier League opening day against Sunderland and the Champions League thrashing of Steaua Bucuresti, much to the surprise of many. Concern had remained from Guardiola over whether Hart would be able to play in the sweeper keeper role the manager views as vital, and his verdict is that England’s number 1 can’t play the role.

“I don’t want players to stay if they don’t want to stay,” Guardiola told the press conference before Saturday’s game at Stoke.
“I spoke with Joe the first moment we met in China [during pre-season], I have a lot of respect for him as a person and as a keeper… He’s valuable.”

Hart is likely to be replaced on a permanent basis by Claudio Bravo, who is set to arrive from Barcelona on a four-year deal. The Blues had been negotiating for Marc-Andre Ter Stegen from the same club, but Barça weren’t willing to let him leave and view him as their new first-choice.
Everton are the most likely suitor for Hart now he’s being allowed to leave, and talks are continuing between the two clubs to agree a deal. The 29-year-old is likely to move to Goodison Park on a loan deal, potentially with a view to a permanent move should all go well.





