It’s taken far too long than it should have done, but it now seems as though City’s pursuit of Kevin De Bruyne may finally pay dividends.
German newspaper WAZ first began the succession of reports with news that De Bruyne to City is on the way, agreeing a £50m plus deal for the Belgian. They say that the price will be £54m, rising to £58.7m depending on incentives.

Then German magazine Kicker, said to be reliable, also produced a story indicating that De Bruyne’s move to City is done.
The next step came from yet another German outlet; with BILD, who have been prolific with their coverage of City’s pursuit of De Bruyne, echoing previous reports and again saying that the long-time saga is nearly concluded.
According to BILD, De Bruyne will pen a six-year contract with City and become the club’s record signing – trumping the Raheem Sterling deal which was concluded earlier in the transfer window.
Sky Sport Germany also joined in the party while Belgian journalist Kristof Terreur had his say on the news.
So Kevin De Bruyne will be the most expensive Belgian ever with a fee of €74m. Clubs are now finetuning their agreement. #mcfc
— Kristof Terreur (@HLNinEngeland) August 26, 2015
Furthermore, Patrick De Koster, The 24-year old’s agent has said: “The deal will be completed tomorrow or the day after.”
Are you relieved that the De Bruyne saga could finally be coming to an end? Tweet us your thoughts @ReadManCity.





