Inter Milan may still be confident of completing a deal for Yaya Toure this summer, despite the Ivorian’s agent saying that he believes the midfielder will see out his current deal at The Etihad, amid fierce speculation that he wouldn’t be pulling on a City shirt next season.
Dimitri Seluk told press on Monday that he expects his client to remain at Eastlands past this summer, news which will have baffled City fans seeing how seemingly keen Seluk was for Yaya to leave City over the last year and especially so given that he said Toure was “90% certain” to leave The Blues this summer.
However, Sky Italia believe that this was just a ploy to stop people being concerned about the Ivorian’s future at the club, with the midfielder receiving a standing ovation when he came off during Sunday’s 2-0 win over Southampton, given the possibility that it was his last game at The Etihad – at least, in City colours.
Sky Italia report that negotiations are still going on behind closed doors between City and Inter, with the Italian club keen to reunite the 32-year-old with Roberto Mancini 2 years after they were split up.
Speaking on Monday, former President of Inter Milan for 18 years (and now Honorary Chairman) Massimo Moratti said “it could be true that he’ll continue at City. I hear from Inter representatives and they are pretty confident [of signing Yaya].”
“Roberto Mancini cares about this move a great deal, so I imagine they will get him.”





