After Joe Hart already admitted that Manchester City haven’t been good enough this week, Vincent Kompany has promised that The Blues will improve next season, before Sunday’s season closer against Southampton.
The captain took heed from Hart’s interview with the Daily Mail earlier this week, and said “it goes without saying ending up without a trophy this year was the last thing we wanted, but we will be doing everything possible to put that right next season.”
Kompany also tried to analyse just what has gone wrong this season, saying “we lacked consistency at crucial stages of the season, dropped too many points at home and that has ultimately cost us.”
“The two titles we have won have been based on our home form so we need to get back to where we were and we’re confident we will.” City have only won 13 games at home in the league this season, down from 17 last year.
Kompany also praised his team for ending strongly this season, having now won the last five games, as he said “we enjoy being the champions but the table doesn’t lie and this season we’ve just come up short, though I’m pleased we’ve ended the season strongly.”
“It would have been easy for everyone’s heads to have dropped after losing to United but we’ve shown our strength of character by ending the season strongly.”





