Newly appointed Schalke manager Markus Weinzierl has urged in-demand youngster Leroy Sane to remain with the club, amid strong interest from Manchester City.
Pep Guardiola’s interest in the German forward has been well-documented, with talk of City splashing out £40 million on the player. Bayern Munich and Barcelona are also said to be keen.

But the new Schalke boss, who was unveiled on Tuesday, sees Sane as an integral part of his plans as he looks to guide the club back into the Champions League.
As per the Mirror, he said:
Leroy is one of several that I like. Fans can identify with him and the club needs these sort of players. He is an important player.
Incoming City boss Pep Guardiola is expected to ring the changes this summer as he looks to take City to the next level. Part of that plan will mean bringing in talented, young players brimming with potential.
Sane, who has shone against City youth sides in recent seasons, fits the bill. However, Schalke general manager Christian Heidel has said the winger is yet to talk about his future.
He said:
I have not yet been able to speak with Leroy, but we would all be happy if he stays. He is still under contract and the situation is that he has not said to us that he wants to leave this summer.

Sane is currently on international duty with Joachim Low’s Germany side but is yet to make an appearance in Euro 2016 so far.





