Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has told Argentinian radio that he will be returning to his hometown club of Independiente after the 2018 World Cup, report Goal.com.
Having signed a five-year-deal in August of 2014, along with other senior names at the club, there was discussion of a one-year extension to his current contract – but the 27-year-old told Argentine media otherwise.
“In the last few months a lot of things have been said about a new contract,” he said. “It’s clear to me that when my contract ends after the World Cup, I’m going to Independiente”.
Aguero has previously spoken about his desire to return to his first club and all being well the forward would like to be back playing for the El Rojo by the age of 31. City will be wary of letting him go, though, knowing that even at the age of 31, he could still be a vital player for the Blues in the future.
Aguero is the club’s current top scorer and will look to retain his Premier League Golden Boot which he won with a commendable 26 goals last season. City travel to Carrow Road for Saturday’s early kick-off against Norwich where they will look to make it back-to-back league wins for the first time since October 2015.





